Looking for Something on this Site?
Help Make the Ridgefield Community Library the Best that it Can Be!
- Spring Used Book Sale May 3, 2019 at 12:00 am – 7:00 am Ridgefield Community Centern210 N Main Ave, Ridgefield, WA 98642, United States Attention ALL book lovers! Mark your calendars. We will have tons of used books in every genre you can imagine for prices you won't believe. This is a public sale, so everyone is welcome.
- Spring Used Book Member's Preview Sale May 3, 2019 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Ridgefield Community Centern210 N Main Ave, Ridgefield, WA 98642, United States Attention Friends of Ridgefield Community Library! You can enter TWO hours early to scoop up the best books just because you are our Friend. Anyone who wants to become a Friend and get in on the fun can come, too. We'll have membership forms! We could also use your HELP. Contact Jeanne at email@example.com if…
- Spring Used Book Sale May 4, 2019 at 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Ridgefield Community Centern210 N Main Ave, Ridgefield, WA 98642, United States Attention ALL book lovers! Mark your calendars. We will have tons of used books in every genre you can imagine for prices you won't believe. This is a public sale, so everyone is welcome.
- FOL Monthly Meeting May 9, 2019 at 10:00 am – 11:30 am Ridgefield Administration & Civic Center, 510 Pioneer Street, Ridgefield, WA. Come join the Friends and be a part of what makes this library such a fun and productive part of the community. Our meetings are held in the community center adjacent to the library and we welcome new voices, hands, and hearts.
- FOL Monthly Meeting May 9, 2019 at 10:00 am – 11:30 am Ridgefield Community Centern210 N Main AvenRidgefield WA 98642 Come join the Friends and be a part of what makes this library such a fun and productive part of the community. Our meetings are held in the community center adjacent to the library and we welcome new voices, hands, and hearts.
- Bunco Blast May 18, 2019 at 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm Ridgefield Community Library Buildingn210 N Main Ave, Ridgefield, WA 98642, United States A Friends’ major “fun”draiser for 2019. An evening of fun and friendship including BUNCO, a silent auction, a live auction, and other fun cash games. Tickets are $25 per person (advance payment and reservation required), or $20 per person for FOL members. Hearty appetizers and desserts are included in the ticket price. Contact Susan at…
- 3Peaks Cash-Back NIght & Britnee Kellogg Benefit Concert June 29, 2019 at 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm 3peaks Public House and Taproomn24415 NE 10th Ave, Ridgefield, WA 98642, United States 3Peaks will hold its fourth annual Cash-Back Night to benefit the Ridgefield Community Library Building Fund. A percentage of all food and beverage sales between 5 pm and 10 pm will be donated. This year, in addition to the Cash-Back event, the popular and talented country-western star, Britnee Kellogg, will perform a benefit concert for…
Drop by Ridgefield Community Library sometime!We meet every 2nd Thursday of the month at the Community Center adjacent to the library at 10.00 am.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
It happens. I’m sorry.
I made a mistake in the last post.
We’re still having a supercalifragilistic-expialadocious Fall Used Book Sale in the Ridgefield Community Center.
The days of the week are:
Thursday evening (6-8 pm) for the Members Appreciation Reception and Advance Private Sale, but the date is 10/18.
Friday (11 am-7 pm) for the public sale, but the date is 10/19.
Saturday (11 am-3 pm) for the public sale, but the date is … you guessed it … 10/20.
So, now that I’ve confessed the error of my ways, apologized, and corrected my blatant lies from the last post, I’m able to vindicate myself.
Glad you asked! By comparing my little oopsie to one doozie of an oopsie.
At least I wasn’t the Talent VP at Decca Records on January 1st, 1962. A young band auditioned for them. Decca Records wasn’t interested. No one remembers Decca Records, but I bet you recognize at least one or two of these fellas.
See you at Ridgefield’s Fall Used Book Sale!
If you need to put a little more zippity in your doodah, we’ve got just the thing for you.
Come on down to the library and bid on August’s Silent Auction item.
It’s an exciting Celebración basket full of fun and delicious items from around the Hispanic World including:
1 Gorgeous multicolored blanket from Mexico
1 Rainstick from Peru
1 “Celebración” cookbook with recipes celebrating Latino family life
1 New World Kitchen book by Norman Van Aken
1 Nuevos Sabores para ensaladas book published by William Sonoma
1 bottle of Organic extra virgin olive oil from Portugal
1 bottle of Tempranillo Reserve red wine from Spain
1 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile
1 bottle Tia Lupita hot sauce from Mexico
1 jar of Cholula chipotle hot sauce from Mexico
1 jar of Belinda’s Jalapeno sauce from Costa Rica
1 container of Crema Catalana (crème brulee) mix from Spain
1 bottle of Sangria rose from Spain
1 bottle of Sangria rojo from Spain
1 Chipolte chili chocolate bar from World Market
This basket has a retail value of $150.00.
All items were donated by the Friends of Ridgefield Library.
How does it work?
Every month, the Friends of Ridgefield Community Library host a Silent Auction to help raise money to support current library programs and the new library building fund.
We rely on the generous donations of our members or the public for the items which are usually valued anywhere from $25 to over $100 dollars. The auction lasts the entire month. You must come into the library to see the item, to place your bid on the bid sheet and to see if you’ve been outbid. The person with the highest bid at the end of the month wins the item and will be contacted at the end of the month.
What kind of auction can you have in a library? Silent, of course!
Did you know that the Friends have been holding a monthly silent auction offering a must-have item that either you will enjoy or that would make a great gift?
Each month we have a new treasure for you to bid on. ALL proceeds support the Ridgefield Library Building Fund and other programs and services provided by the library.
July’s item is a BBQ-er’s dream!
It’s a basket filled with everything you’ll need for your next BBQ adventure:
a chef’s apron,
1001 Best Grilling Recipes,
veggie grilling pan,
BBQ kitchen towel,
shish kabob skewers,
Micro Brew BBQ sauce,
small American flag,
2 hot dog baskets, and
a large reed basket.
EASY! Come to the Ridgefield Community Library (where you can look at the basket) and use the bid sheet to leave your name and a bid. The auction ends the last day of July at closing time for the library. The highest bidder wins. If it’s you, you will be contacted to come to pick up your treasure.
You may bid as many times as you wish, so remember to keep checking the bid sheet throughout the month. I bet you’re not the only one who loves BBQ-ing!
Questions? Contact Kathy Winters at 360-887-2160 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ah, yes. When we (by “we,” I mean the Friends) were so much younger than today, we never (by “never,” I mean a little less than now) needed anybody’s help in any way (by “any way,” I mean in a lot of ways).
But now my (our) life (lives) have changed in oh, so many ways (like pretty much every way)…you get the picture, right?
The Friends could use some help!
What kind of help? Glad you asked!
For now, you could get your volunteering feet wet by helping us with our monthly Pop-Up Used Book Sales we hold in conjunction with each of Ridgefield’s First Saturday extravaganzas from May to October.
The first thing you should know is that you will always be with at least one experienced Friend so that volunteering will be a fun and easy experience.
The Saturdays for which we need YOU are:
(Volunteering for just one or two dates would be great! More would be marvelous!!)
While the sale is open to the public from 9 am to 2:00 pm, we have an early (8 to 11:30 am) and a late (11:30 am to 2:30 pm) shift to break the day up.
If you can’t be there for the whole shift, but can donate an hour here and an hour there, we’d love that. The more the merrier, and the more people on deck, the more we seem to sell!
Remember, everything we do and every penny we make goes towards helping the Ridgefield Community Library become BIGGER and BETTER for all of us for generations to come.
Every month, the Friends of Ridgefield Community Library host a Silent Auction to help raise money to support current library programs and the new library building fund. We rely on the generous donations of our members or the public for the items which are usually valued anywhere from $25 to over $100 dollars.
The auction lasts the entire month. You must come into the library to see the item, to place your bid and to see if you’ve been outbid. The person with the highest bid at the end of the month wins the item!
For May, we have a wonderful “Tea-Themed” basket that includes:
1 sugar bowl
1 package of Ridgefield’s very own “Liberty Blend” tea
This basket has a retail value of $55.00.
So come to the library and start the bidding!
Thanks in advance for being part of the solution to a new, bigger, better library for Ridgefield!
Nothing draws people in like food, music and lots of laughter!
That’s what we were counting on when we sold ears of corn at Ridgefield’s first annual Oktoberfest celebration in September.
We raised about $965.00 for the new library building fund and had (you guessed it) FUN doing it!
Take a look…
We hope you were there to enjoy the festivities.
If so, tell us what you thought in the comments below.
If not, September 2016 is not that far away…