Looking for Something on this Site?
Help Make the Ridgefield Community Library the Best that it Can Be!
- 3Peaks Cash-Back NIght & Britnee Kellogg Benefit Concert June 29, 2019 at 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm 3peaks Public House and Taproomn24415 NE 10th Ave, Ridgefield, WA 98642, United States 3Peaks will hold its fourth annual Cash-Back Night. A percentage of all food and beverage sales between 5 pm and 10 pm will be donated to the Library Building Fund. This year, the popular and talented country-western star, Britnee Kellogg, will perform a benefit concert for the Library Building Fund beginning at 6 pm. Don’t…
- First Saturday Used Book and Gift Sale July 6, 2019 at 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Farmers Market Ridgefield, Pioneer Street Peruse an assortment of books for readers of all ages and buy them at our famous rock-bottom prices. While you're at it, pick up one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted surprise items the Friends found just for you! Everytime! Don't miss our 2 tents at the Farmers Market at Overlook Park.
- FOL Monthly Meeting July 11, 2019 at 10:00 am – 11:30 am Ridgefield Administration & Civic Center, 510 Pioneer Street, Ridgefield, WA. Come join the Friends and be a part of what makes this library such a fun and productive part of the community. Our meetings are held in the community center adjacent to the library and we welcome new voices, hands, and hearts.
Drop by Ridgefield Community Library sometime!We meet every 2nd Thursday of the month at the Community Center adjacent to the library at 10.00 am.
Category Archives: Volunteerism
The first Saturday of May every year is celebrated around the world as Free Comic Book Day. On this day, participating speciality comic book stores give out free comics to anyone visiting their stores.
But that’s not why May 5th is special in RIDGEFIELD.
Herb Day is an unofficial holiday annually celebrated on the first Saturday of May.
But that’s not why May 5th is special in RIDGEFIELD.
The reason we’re making a big fuss over May 5th, the first Saturday in May, is that the Friends of Ridgefield Community Library will be among the happy vendors at Overlook Park from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
This year, we have two (count ’em, 2) tents under which you’ll find a variety of used books for children, teens and adults in many genres plus audio books and little gifties you or someone you know might enjoy.
All books are $1.00 or less!
Come to browse, learn about what’s happening at the library or what the Friends are up to these days. Rain or shine, there will be plenty of room under our tents to get out from under the weather.
Remember, ALL proceeds go toward supporting current and future needs of YOUR library.
And, if you have even ONE HOUR of SPARE TIME…
Contact Jeanne at (360) 887-2579 or email@example.com
This is just a simple and heartfelt thank you to all the good people supporting the Ridgefield Community Library.
Whether you are a member of the Friends of Ridgefield Community Library or an occasional volunteer,
someone who attends our events or donates money to fund our projects,
a public servant working behind the scenes to make sure the library has a central place in the life of the city or a private citizen who uses the library as a resource,
You make a difference! Thank you!
We thank you because you show us through your words and deeds that this library is important, important enough to invest your time and resources in.
The Friends of Ridgefield Community Library wish all of you a safe, fulfilling, enjoyable holiday season.
On Saturday, December 3rd, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, the Friends will be holding a Golden Elephant Sale in the Community Center as part of Ridgefield’s Hometown celebration.
What’s a Golden Elephant Sale? It’s a place for you to buy high-end, gently-used items at ridiculously reasonable prices. These treasures are perfect for your holiday gift-giving lists: high-class goods that are oh-so-kind to your budget. You’ll find the kind of items you would likely see in a nice vintage shop.
So come on by and buy, buy, buy!
Everything you buy will benefit the library!
We have all kinds of FUNdraisers and activities planned so that your community library continues to be the “go to” place for curious, inquisitive, creative people of all ages.
The Friends of the Library is the group that meets once a month to kick around ideas, plan events, and talk “library.”
We changed the time of our meeting from 6:30 PM on the 2nd Wednesday of each month to 1:00 AM on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
Please come and join us. We could all use more friends, right?
The meetings are held at the library. Check out the schedule of events on the right margin of this page to see when the next meeting is coming up.
We hope you already know about the fabulous Ridgefield Holiday Home Tour on Sunday, December 6 from 2:00 to 6:00 pm.
We need docents (hosts) for either the 2-4 pm shift or the 4-6 pm shift.
What is a “docent?”
Glad you asked! A docent is a decent, upstanding person who (at least in this case):
- greets Holiday Home tourists
- checks to make sure each person touring has a ticket (and isn’t just a run-of-the-mill lookie-loo)
- directs traffic flow in the home being toured (not in major intersections)
- monitors “house rules”
- helps with refreshments
Benefits of being a decent docent:
- you may have to chit-chat, but you don’t have to give any major speeches
- you get a free ticket to tour the homes before or after your 2-hour shift ($20 value)
Who can be a docent?
Great question! Anyone who cares about the Ridgefield Community Library because this is an event to help build the new library. If you love holiday decorations, you’d be a perfect person to volunteer, too!
On Saturday, December 5th, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, the Friends will be holding a Golden Elephant Sale as part of Ridgefield’s Hometown celebration.
What’s a Golden Elephant Sale? It’s a place for you to buy high-end, gently used items at ridiculously reasonable prices. These items are perfect for your holiday gift-giving lists: high-class goods that are oh-so-kind to your budget. Think of this sale as an up-scale White Elephant sale.
But before we can have a really great Golden Elephant Sale, we need you to donate YOUR up-scale, gently used items. NO clothing, please!
We’re looking for new or like-new gadgets, jewelry, collectibles, fashion accessories, home decor items, glassware, etc. Think of the kind of items you would likely see in a nice vintage or recycled items shop.
Then, on December 5th, come to the Ridgefield Community Center with your holiday shopping list in hand and get ready to buy, buy, buy and save, save, save!
Everything you do (donating items and buying items at the sale) will benefit the new library building fund!
Nothing draws people in like food, music and lots of laughter!
That’s what we were counting on when we sold ears of corn at Ridgefield’s first annual Oktoberfest celebration in September.
We raised about $965.00 for the new library building fund and had (you guessed it) FUN doing it!
Take a look…
We hope you were there to enjoy the festivities.
If so, tell us what you thought in the comments below.
If not, September 2016 is not that far away…