Until our new, bigger, better Ridgefield Community Library is finished, a portion of what the Friends raise in our regular fundraising activities will go toward building the new library. Our organization lives to support our library, after all!
But there are other FUNdraising efforts happening. Innovative and enthusiastic efforts of a dedicated cadre of library-lovers have taken it upon themselves to band together and make their mission to raise the money needed to transform our dream of a new library a reality.
They call themselves the BLTs (Build the Library Team). Don’t you love it? We do!
What have they been up to (in collaboration with and the support of the Friends of the Ridgefield Community Library?) For information about these events, look for links, individuals pages or posts, or the calendar on the right.
- December: Holiday Home Tour in Ridgefield
- October: Annual Book Sale
- September 17: Fore! The Library Golf Tournament
- September 10: Oktoberfest
- July 25-August 4: Turn Up Your Writing Heat, Youth Writing Workshop
- June 18: Art with Kathy
- June 9: Seafood and Spirits in Ridgefield
- May 13 & 14: Liz Jansen’s Giant Rummage Sale
- May 12: Burgerville Fundraiser
- April 28-May 12: Truth and Beauty Writing Workshop
- March 5: Lion’s Club Sponsored Pancake Breakfast
- February 19, 2016: Dinner at Vinnies’ Pizza, Pasta and More
- December 6, 2015: Holiday Home Tour in Ridgefield–click here for more information
- December 5, 2015: Golden Elephant Sale
- November 19, 2015: An Evening of Pies, $20/person
- November 7, 2015: Afternoon Tea at Myrtle’s Tea House, $45/person
- October 24, 2015: Lava Java Coffee Cupping, $30/person
- September, 17-October, 15, 2015: Write Better Right Now, $75 fee–click here for more information
- September 25, 2105: Quick Draw Fundraiser–click here for more information
- September 14, 2015: Much Ado About Golf Tournament–click here for more information
- July, 2015: The Dewey Decimal Picnic and Pizza Party, $40/person
- May-June, 2015: It’s Your Life, Write! A 4-week writing workshop, $50/person
- May, 2015: A Walk Along the Gee Creek, $25 per person
For more information on what’s what and who’s who, visit Kathy Winter’s blog. She is one amazing woman who has made it her personal goal to raise $80,000 for the new library by her 80th birthday!