I don’t know about you, but I’m always amazed by what I find when I start my Spring Cleaning.
Spring is here and that means out with the old and…Golly, now what do I do with all this stuff?
Lucky for you that we have the perfect solution to your Spring Cleaning woes: you pile up what you don’t want anymore and we’ll take it away as a donation to our GIANT Rummage Sale to support the new Ridgefield Library. We are working with Liz Jansen of Battle Ground to coordinate the fundraiser.
She (unlike me) knows what she’s doing in the rummage sale department.
This was my expression the last time anyone merely mentioned me having a garage sale at my house. Trust me, we should leave these things to professionals.
As you are sorting through your garages and closets, if you find any of the following items you wish to donate, please call Liz (360-573-6245) and she will give you her address or call Sarah (360-702-8245) or Jean (360-947-4388) who will come to your home to pick up your donations.
- holiday decorations (all holidays);
- household decorations and accessories;
- infant, children’s and adult clothing;
- toys; baby furniture and strollers;
- bicycles, scooters, wagons, etc.;
- garden equipment;
- lawn furniture;
- linens: bedroom and bathroom, kitchen, dining room (table cloths);
- kitchen items: pots, pans, small electrical appliances in working order, dishes, glassware, gadgets;
- books: fiction, non-fiction, children books, cook books;
- tools: power tools, manual tools;
- quilting items: fabric, tools, yarn;
- arts and crafts items;
- shoes in good condition: men, women, children, infants.
Only gently used items, please.
Liz found that these items generally don’t sell, so please, no: mattresses, electronics, big-back TV’s, exercise equipment, textbooks, encyclopedias, magazines, or curtain rods.
So make lots of room in your home and garage then stop by the GIANT Rummage Sale on May 13 and 14 so you can find the treasures that are awaiting you!
We will announce the details about time and location as we get closer to the event.
As always, we thank you for supporting the library!