The Friends of Ridgefield Community Library is an independent non-profit group dedicated to raising funds, awareness, and goodwill for our library.
As a Friend, your dollars, time, and energy go a long way!
We help pay for additional books and movies, enriching our collection for our community. When the City of Ridgefield holds an event, we are there to represent the library and lend our support to the fun and festivities.
Here are just a few examples of the kinds of activities we are involved in throughout the year:
- Involvement in Programs for Our Youth by funding a Summer Reading program, purchasing supplies for special programs (i.e., arts, LEGOs), and providing refreshments for library events.
- Coordinating and Hosting Fun Events to Raise Money for Library Books and Movies (including paying for the 2015 library movie license).
- Participating in Ridgefield Community Events and Celebrations as community advocates of our public library during various annual events and “First Saturday” celebrations
- Sponsoring Local Author Readings and Educational Lectures
by funding speakers, helping with advertising, and providing refreshments
- Promoting Literacy through our enthusiastic support of all things related to our charming library!
Currently, the Friends are busy with a very important project: helping to raise funds for a new, bigger, better Ridgefield Community Library. This is an exciting and challenging time for us. There is no better time to be a Friend and become part of this exhilarating project. To find out more about this project, go to our Building for the Future page.